Friday, April 1, 2011

Lights Out

 I wish I were a monster; an emo-drag queen cutting her wrists and doubling over from too many shots of tequila after sucking in two blunts of Marjauna. The fact that I spelled the drug wrong states the fact, that I'm as innocent as a twelfth grader who's the only one in class who hasn't lost her virginity yet.
 When the lights go out in the sky, and the big bulbious bright thing goes away, I change. My skin--my fangs, my--I'm just kidding, guys.
  I like the night time, because everyone else goes to bed, for the most part, and it is all about me. It's all about Courtney! The night is my precious moment where I'm awake, and full of energy though I don't know why. I've tried nocturnal-activity, sleeping in the day time, and stayign awake all night. It worked out better and I was happier that way--except it wasn't do-able. I felt more energized at night and could do more with that spare time, then I could do in the spare time in the light hours.
  Lights are out, and I am cold, calmed, and the earth is my sanctuary. I can think without trying, and do without moving. I feel like a light faerie traveling across the globe with a simple flicker of wings and then I'm there. The tree's talk, cooing like a baby and whispering to me like the mother I needed all my years; they confort me and I can feel life's breath breathing down my bones. I don't have to cry here, when the sun has gone away, and the moon comes out to play. The day is a masculin hours, heavy, heated, forward, and forceful, to where stress fills my veins and I have to run all day while sweat runs down my back. I could run at night and feel free about it. I could run errands at night, (if places were open), and become estatic with the thought of shopping at my time of the night.
  Night is the day I crave, because its the only few hours where I can function optimumly, regardless that during darkness.
 I went to the store the other day at 2:00 A.M. I was starving because I hadn't eaten anything for six hours and decided to go to a 24 hour Walmart. I need a few things for home, dinners, supplies, and such. When I finished unpacking at the counter, the woman looked at my with tired eyes and she rubbed at them like I had just thrown salt in them. "Good Morning, how are you?!" I said with a cheery voice, one only heard from angels singing down from the heavens, or from a Siren from the mystical sea. She looked at me like I was a demon and thought my voice worse, then the beeping noise that chirped on as she rolled the bread, the soda, and the Slim Fast bars across the scanner. "you look tired, are you tired?"
    "Aren't you?!' She almost yelled. I wanted to bite my lip and leave it be. I wanted to , I really did, but instead I yelled back.
  "If you can't handle being up at night then go to bed."

 It didn't/doesn't make sense, if you can't sleep in the day time like many people can't, and can't handle being up at the dark hours because it makes your sleepy then I don't know why you decided to do such a thing.

  The sunlight makes me sleepy regardless and when I fall asleep, no matter how much I do indeed appreciate several hours of collapsing into drea--well nightmairs--It feels wrong. The darkness doesn't coax me into slumber, it coax me into a ravenous nature where I will dance through the city in a mindless wonder until I am done with the "day" and am heavy from exaustion. The sunlight pulls me, heated or not, the light pushes me down the stairs. It makes me fall asleep, not the night.
    I'm a vampire, and I apologize that I'm talking to you in a chipper tone at 2:00 in the morning; that I'm up when you can't be and feel like sleeping when you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment